Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dieting challenge


As most of you know, my weight has been a constant struggle for me for ages. I have been going to a dietician since March/April, I think and she's given me good advice, but due to some things going on in my life, I haven't really been dieting for a couple of weeks now. I spoke to my dietician and since I am losing centimeters, it's not all bad.

But, with the no-shopping-challenge, I think it's time to challenge myself even more! And since no-shopping and no-spending also means for me that we can't have take out, this is a good combination.Since DF and I have moved in together, we have had a rather high budget for groceries etc, which makes it easier to get take out when we're too lazy to cook dinner. When I still lived alone, I think I may have had take out twice in almost a year, now we get it twice a week when we're really bad.

So I'm gonna try and behave (or at least don't eat everything that's in our snack cupboard!), eat lots of fruit and vegetables and drink enough water. I've put up reminders in our house to work out more, not to snack and not to get take out. I've been good so far, because DF asked if we could get pizza on Tuesday and I said no!

Do you have any tips for me to keep up with my diet and exercising schedule? Are you dieting yourself?

3 comments:

  1. Nope, I don't believe in dieting! I do believe in a healthy lifestyle and it sounds like are doing that already! My friend put cups with ready to eat carrot sticks, peppers(paprika) or radish on strategic places, where she would usually snack. Keeps you filled without the calories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pfff, I don't think diet tips would help. It really all depends on the person on what works best. A little trick for me is not to buy stuff so there is nothing to snack on like crisps. But then again you have M to consider and I doubt he'd agree ;)
    But just try to get it on track for a week, maybe two and you'd be surprised how quickly the non-snacking becomes your 'habit'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jotje: yeah, when I say diet, it means a healthy lifestyle. I need to change my thoughts about food, but that's an ongoing process.

    Linda: yeah, I try that too, but there's always M who doesn't diet! Stuff is always available.
    Thanks, I will try that :)

    ReplyDelete