Sunday, July 31, 2011

Book Review: From Notting Hill with Love... Actually



Amazon has the following summary:
She was just a girl, standing in front of a boy ...wishing he looked more like Hugh Grant. Scarlett loves the movies. But does she love sensible fiance David just as much? With a big white wedding on the horizon, Scarlett really should have decided by now ...When she has the chance to house-sit in Notting Hill - the setting of one of her favourite movies - Scarlett jumps at the chance. But living life like a movie is trickier than it seems, especially when her new neighbour Sean is so irritating. And so irritatingly handsome, too. Scarlett soon finds herself starring in a romantic comedy of her very own: but who will end up as the leading man?

I've finished this book last Saturday, and even though it's a cheesy chick lit, I liked it! Because they refer to so many movies, it was different than the standard chick lit and since I watch a lot of movies, this was just my book. I would definitely recommend this book when you want some light reading and a more different story than "single girl meets boy and they fall in love". Of course you wonder if Scarlett will leave David and go for Sean (because who wouldn't fall for the annoyingly handsome next door neighbour!), but the whole story has more to it. I also wanted to go see Notting Hill the movie again!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great book! I loved both of those movies, and probably like whatever other movies are mentioned. I'm going to look for this at my library. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fabulous to hear! Will you let me know what you think of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will do! Though, at the rate I read, it could be a while. ;)

    ReplyDelete