Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2



Okay so everyone and their mother is writing blogs about the last ever Harry Potter movie, but I want to write about it too! 

The last couple of movies came out around my birthday, which always was a good excuse to see them in their opening weekend (or the following week). This last movie was no exception. We were originally planning to see it on my actual birthday (Friday), but since my DF had to work overtime all week, we decided against it. We saw it yesterday instead. The movie is long (130 minutes), but not once did I think about going to the bathroom, or how the movie should hurry up. The movie is well done, and I think they have made a good decision on making two movies out of the last book. There is just too much to show!

I had some favorite scenes I was looking forward to, such as the Molly vs Bellatrix scene, I was of course wondering how they would do the last scene of 19 years later, I could go on and on. I LOVED Snape, he deserves a LOT of credit for this movie, he was sooo good. Professor McGonagall had some serious girlpower, too.

Of course I cried, it was truly the end of an era. I think I may start reading the books soon.

Have you seen the movie? What did you think of it? What was your favorite scene?

2 comments:

  1. I went to see it last weekend and I just loved it! I also cried - a lot. I think it was definitely the best film out of all of them. A real blockbuster! I would definitely recommend reading the books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, I was a bit dense, but I meant to read the books again. I've read them about 7 times now, just didn't want to read the books before the movie came out! Love the books!

    ReplyDelete