Sunday, July 10, 2011

Movie Review: Kung Fu Panda 2

Yesterday, my DF and I went to see Kung Fu Panda 2, because he had won tickets! We saw the 3D version, and to be honest, that takes some time getting used to! I wear glasses, so to watch 3D, I have to wear two pairs of glasses. Luckily, the 3D glasses aren't too bad and it's not totally uncomfortable. We both ended up with tired eyes though, DF with a bit of a headache because of 3D.

Anyways, back to the movie. We had seen Kung Fu Panda on Bluray a while ago, so I had to go back to the story, but since it's a children's movie, it's not too hard ;-)

The story at times reminded me of Lord of the Rings, with the dark settings, but as always had some wise lessons in them, and some jokes. The animation is once again great, the 3D is fabulous once you get used to it. At times the action is a bit too fast and you have a hard time focussing on what's on the screen, but that doesn't put a downer on the movie.

We both had a good time and I would certainly recommend this movie when you have younger kids (although for adults it's a great movie too!). And of course there will be a Kung Fu Panda 3 and we will certainly watch that too.

There will be more movie reviews coming because we now have an unlimited movie pass, which means we can go to the movies as much as we want for a certain amount of money. Of course we booked tickets for the last Harry Potter movie, but I'm also very excited about Super 8 (a J.J. Abrams film, one of my favorite directors), Fright Night, Breaking Dawn (of course!), Green Lantern, Final Destination 5 and more.

Have you seen Kung Fu Panda 2? What did you think of it? Do you have any other recommendations I should see in theatres?

No comments:

Post a Comment