Monday, August 22, 2011

Movie Review: Super 8




We went to see Super 8 last weekend and it was amazing.

The movie is about a group of kids who are making a film. When they are filming at a trainstation in the middle of the night, they witness a traincrash. All of a sudden, the military shows up to cover up the crash. Of course they want to know what was on the train. You will have to see the movie to see how it ends.

I am a huge J.J. Abrams fan (plus he teamed up with Steven King, who truly is a movie King), so I had huge expectations of this movie and they all came true. The story is sappy and at times too cute, the filming is amazing (and reminded me of Cloverfield) and the acting by Elle Fanning (yes, the fabulous sister of Dakota Fanning!) is amazing. I would certainly recommend everyone to go see this movie, especially if you loved Cloverfield, Lost and E.T.

Are you going to see Super 8 or did you see it already? What did you think of it?

2 comments:

  1. I saw the trailer for this when I went to see harry Potter. Was it scary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it's not scary at all! I thought it was more like E.T. than Cloverfield.

    ReplyDelete