Thursday, September 29, 2011

Book Review: I quit sugar


Last night I bought, read and finished "I quit sugar" by Sarah Wilson. For only $10 you can download it for yourself and I would certainly recommend it if you're interested in healthy eating.

I've been reading Sarah's blog for a while now, and she's at least got me thinking about how bad sugar can make you feel. I don't think I can totally quit sugar, but since I've quit my flavoured water, I've already been feeling better. So yes, I think there's some truth in quitting sugar.

I've been to the health store today and got some raw chocolate, 85% dark chocolate, Stevia (quite expensive but this will be a good replacement for sugar), coconut water and coconut milk. I will just make some changes in my diet, but nothing too drastic.

Will you buy Sarah's book? Do you think there's some truth in quitting sugar?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dietician, so I cannot prove that quitting sugar is good for you. Consult your doctor before making drastic changes in your diet.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, do let me know how the Stevia tastes in comparison. Been considering using it instead of artificial sweetner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I tweeted you, Stevia really tastes nice! Used it in my coffee instead of sugar, and I like it! Not as sweet as sugar, but better.

    ReplyDelete