Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dream a little dream..


Today, I got thinking about what I want in life. I want the standard things, like being happy & healthy, having enough money to keep doing what I do, be more creative etc. But, these goals are not as easy to reach as it seems. 

What I want in life, with my career, is something that I've been thinking over for ages. I recently quit school, and with that, I feel like I've quit a big part of what I thought I wanted in my career. Now, the future is somewhat open for me, but how do you figure out what you want to do? I have many things I'm interested in, like blogging, reading, sewing, knitting, writing, English. But how do you find out what your real dreams and desires are? 

The coming months, I will try and figure out what I want. I'm starting sewing class again in November, just to properly learn the basic skills. In the meantime, I'm going to try and start brushing up my bag-making skills, so I can sell some stuff at the flea market. 

I also want to write more, on this blog, but also work on my story, the one I wrote for NaNoWriMo last year (I may participate again to challenge myself). I may also work on a script for a movie here in Holland, but I'm not sure yet. I need to figure out the details. 

Do you have dreams? Things you really wanna do in life? Are you following your dreams? Do you have tips for me?

1 comment:

  1. I've stumbled across this post reading through you're blog whilst battling insomnia, but this post struck a chord with me.

    I've never known what Ive wanted to do in my life and gone to college repeatedly. Infant I'm starting night school soon lol I just think you have to plod along and do things which make you happy. Mind you, saing that, I'm not finding it too fulfilling at the moment either!

    I have dreams, to me they're just out of reach but I won't give up on them, because they're mine. I love the ideas of the mission 101, would you mind if I pinched it? Lol

    Its a struggle and I'm feeling a little deflated, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one out there that questions where you're heading xx

    ReplyDelete