Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Emails to do

With sorting my gmail inbox, I thought I'd be better off placing my emails in folders, to keep my inbox clean. I also created a folder "to do" and marked those emails I had to answer, do something with or I shouldn't forgot as unread.

Now, I write my to dos normally on a post it and put it in my planner, so I can see what needs to be done. But I tend to forget about those emails that needs to be done. With the to do folder in my inbox, I realised I completely forgot about them when I moved them there, even though they stayed unread. The thing is, I read my email on different devices, and I only see then unread count when I'm using gmail in my browser.

The discussion about to do lists have been going on for a while on Philofaxy and Plannerisms, but that's more for regular things to do, not for emails. What are you using as a system to get your emails done and your inbox empty?

2 comments:

  1. I just archive the ones I've done. I tried labelling them and adding folders, but you just end up with so many. So I just archive them now and use the search to find previous emails in Thunderbird or GMail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a plan, I think I'll do that instead. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete