Thursday, April 12, 2012

Series review: Mob wives

I've been rather interested in the maffia since I was young, I'm not even kidding. Not many people know about this (well I think everyone knows now!), and I have to say, when I saw the title of this show pop up on TLC (where it was aired in the Netherlands), I was quite excited.

Season 1 of Mob wives follows four women: Renee Graziano, Drita D’Avanzo, Karen Gravano and Carla Facciolo in their daily lives. You see how they deal with their men being in jail, how they deal with each other and just their daily lives.

Renee Graziano is the daughter of Anthony Graziano, and she was married to Hector "Junior" Pagan, but they were getting back together before Junior turned himself in.

Drita D'Avanzo is married to Lee D'Avanzo, although in season 2 they were getting a divorce.

Karen Gravano is the daughter of Sammy "the bull" Gravano and she wrote a book called "Mob daughter".

Carla Facciolo is married to Joseph Ferragamo, but they're getting a divorce as well. Carla dated other men when Joe was in prison.

The show is entertaining and not all about the maffia. You see how four strong women try to live their lives as single women, with their men in prison and you see the relationship between the four. It's not always fun and games, and too often, things turn to a fight. There is a lot of cursing and fighting.

The show has been aired in the USA on VH1 and if you're in the USA, you can also watch the episodes online. I loved this show and can't wait till season 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment