Monday, May 21, 2012

Movie Review: We bought a zoo

My DF and I recently saw "We bought a zoo" and we loved it!

We bought a zoo features Matt Damon and Scarlett Johansson and is based on a true story.

It's about a father, Benjamin and two kids, Dylan and Rosie, who recently lost their wife and mother. Benjamin decides to quit his dayjob and find a new place to live. And you've guessed it, they find the perfect house, but they have to buy the zoo attached to it as well.

At first, Benjamin struggles to manage the zoo, but with a little help of Kelly (played by Scarlet Johansson), he can open the zoo in time.

The movie shows the relation between Benjamin and his two kids. Rosie is hilarious and cute, and Dylan is not only your typical teenager, but also one struggling with grieve and falling in love. Of course, Benjamin is also grieving, but that's shown way later in the movie.

We really enjoyed this movie as it was funny (the animals are hilarious), sometimes I had to wipe away a tear and it was cute.

Have you seen this movie? What did you think of it?

6 comments:

  1. Didn't know it was based on a true story! After the trailer I thought it looked very corny but maybe I should give it a try!


    x
    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it sounded corny too, but I liked it! You should definitely give it a try!

      Delete
  2. I loved it! And I definitely want to visit the zoo someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to visit the zoo, too!

      Delete
  3. I saw this movie on my flight to Sacramento recently and loved it! I definitely shred a tear or two too!

    Jamie
    http://greyskysaturday.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I cried at bits too, even my man thought it was cute!

      Delete