Monday, June 11, 2012

Movie review: The Hunger Games



Last week, I finally got the see the Hunger Games. Originally, the story didn't sound appealing to me at all, but then I started reading the book and got hooked.

I saw the movie while I was still halfway through the book. I will do a book series review when I'm done reading all the books.

The movie (and book) is about Katniss Everdeen who is one of the chosen of District 12 to fight in the Hunger Games. Kind of like the Olympics, but only the winner will survive. That's what I didn't like in the story, but in the movie, it showed it wasn't only murder. You could actually agree with the deaths and find them not that scary and sad.

Of course, there is also love. What would the world be without love, without hope. Gale or Peeta, that's the question. Don't spoil it for me, as I haven't finished the series!

Katniss is played by Jennifer Lawrence, Gale by Liam Hemsworth (oh dear, please help me, I'm swooning), and Peeta by Josh Hutcherson. In the book, I'm more of a fan of Peeta, but Gale is too good-looking to miss in the movies.


But dang, after Twilight, this is a good way to stay entertained. I can't wait to see the next movie and finish the three books. 

Have you seen the movie? Read the books? What's your opinion? Who's your favorite?

2 comments:

  1. The Hunger Games series are some of my favourite books ever!
    I'm Team Peeta, but my favourite character is from the next book so I won't spoil, ha.
    The movie was pretty good, I was really amazed!

    x
    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't too into it, but now I can't stop reading! Nearly done with book 2 :)

    ReplyDelete