Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Run Fat B!tch Run book review

When I posted online that I was reading this, many of you asked for a review, so here it is.


First off, let me tell you that this book is not for the light hearted. You need to be able to laugh at yourself to really get this book. Calling yourself Fat B!tch may not be your kind of thing. 
This may sound a bit weird when you've also read my raving reviews on Gala Darling's Radical Self Love Bootcamp, on which I talk all about learning to love yourself. But calling myself a fat bitch has helped me more than the Radical Self Love bootcamp. Because, learning to love yourself also means kicking your own butt. And that's just what this book has taught me. 

Since starting this book last week, I've made healthier lifestyle choices. I already go to running class on Tuesdays and to the gym on Thursdays. On Saturdays I go walking with dad (that was preparation for his trip to the Kilimanjaro). But still, I felt like shit. I have now done two walks (walking with dad's stopped right now), and one of them was on my own. I did a whopping 5.6km in 49 minutes. Two years ago, I ran a 5k and did this in 42 minutes without ever training for it. So you can imagine my delight when I got home on Friday and saw the distance and time. Sign up with Runtastic to find out how long and what distance you've covered, it's a fab app!  

Run Fat B!tch Run gives you two ground rules: Drink more water & Eat less crap. But, before you start doing that, you need to get into a rhythm of walking/running. Because diets do not help you, because you will fall off the bandwagon and gain more weight than you've lost. 

Run Fat B!tch Run is your inner b!tch yelling at you when you eat that extra cupcake. It's the voice when you spend another night on the couch in front of the telly. 

The book has 3 parts. The first part tells you what it is, plus you read all about running, the second part is all about food and the third about "what now?". It's a no bullshit book and that's what makes it fab. 

Do you really want to start living healthy and feeling good in your body? Are you not afraid of channeling your inner b!tch? Then this is the book for you. 

Let me know what you think, link me to your reviews or fitness updates! I will also do regular updates on my fitness regime! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Femke!

    I popped over from the Blogger Network. Cool book! I think I need to read this. So amazing to discover your blog and this book right now. I just went to the gym yesterday after a three week hiatus (travel, sick, travel...) yikes! I am sore today but so glad to be back in the swing. I just ordered a new bike seat today because my trainer has challenged me to a 60 mile ride and I can do it if my butt is comfortable. Anyways, fun to discover your blog! Have a great week!

    I hope you will stop by and read my latest post. It is a good one! Would love to hear your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! Hope you'll add it to your readinglist :)

      Your blog looks great too!

      Delete