Saturday, January 26, 2013

Book review: Rosie Hopkins' Sweet Shop of Dreams


I LOVE Jenny Colgan. I first read "Meet me at the Cupcake Cafe", and then "The good, the bad and the dumped", and while the latter did disappoint me a bit, it didn't stop me from getting this book.

I'm a sucker for chicklit, but I also love reading stories about women making their dreams come true. And this one was another hit.

Rosie Hopkins is a nurse, living with her boyfriend in London, when her mum asks her to go take care of her aunt Lilian in the country. While Rosie thinks it will be boring to spend her days in the country, Lilian has a hard time adjusting to the fact that she's getting older.

Lilian has always run the local sweet shop and while Rosie gets the idea of setting up the shop again and selling it, we read about the memories it brings back for Lilian.

Rosie slowly adjusts to village life and the shop is a huge success. But will she ever go back to her London life?

You'll have to find the rest of the story out for yourself. If you've read Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe, you will love this one too. Plus as an added bones, there are some sweets recipes too!

Have you read this book? If not, will you read it?

No comments:

Post a Comment