Wednesday, January 30, 2013

What I wanna know Wednesday - Mayra

For this week's "What I wanna know Wednesday", Mayra has joined us with her answers! I hope you like it! 




What is your name?  
Well, my real name is Mayra.  But, here in blog-o-sphere you will see me sign and refer to myself as SimplyyMayra. I have no middle name nor nickname so, I prefer to be known as SimplyyMayra.

What's the link to your blog?
The link to my blog, PonderWonders, is http://www.simplyymayra.com

And the main objective of my blog is to inspire and be inspired.  Hope ya'll come by to say Hola! :)

Why do you blog?
I blog simply for the joy of writing.  I LOVE writing.  I am passionate about it. I love to voice my thoughts into words.  Blogging gives me the opportunity to do this.  I love searching and finding inspiration in the simplest of things, in places unexpected and then writing stories about them provoking a chain reaction of inspiration, self-awareness, self-love and acceptance, spiritual awakening and empowerment!  I also love sharing my personal stories, experiences, triumphs, challenges, tears and laughter in hope to touching and enriching someone else's life for the better.

What's always in your fridge/cupboard?
In the cupboard, definitely Yogi Green Tea or any kind of Zen tea.  Oh yea, and popcorn for sure.  In the fridge, I'd say cheese, yogurt and more tea!  But, here it'd be cold sparkling strawberry kiwi tea.  Mmmmm!

What is the last book you've read?
I love and enjoy reading.  At times I even read two books at a time.  The last book I read was The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.  I'm still at it with It's Not About the Bike by Lance Armstrong which I started before The Alchemist as a matter of love.  Funny.

If you have a million dollars/pounds/eruos, what would you spend it on?
I honestly do not know if I ever would want to have a million dollars.  There is a stigma that comes along with having so much money. But, if I did I would spend it on helping others.  My family, friends and those in needs.  I'd give to charity, invest, travel, buy a reliable car and a nice cottage with a library somewhere in Connecticut where I'd dedicate more time to my writing.  I'd also want a place somewhere in the tropics with lots of palm trees.  I'm an island girl by heart and blood.

What are you proudest of?
I am proud of many things. My daughters and motherhood in itself.  But, I'd have to say I am most proud of myself.  You see, as and adult, already a mother, I had to dig myself out of a very dark hole that had swallowed me in.  I found myself fighting back for my sanity in this insane world after a violent crime I had suffered as a child came back to haunt me.  I am a survivor.  A fighter.  This journey has made me who I am today.  Through it I've learned self-love and acceptance. And like my fave diva sings, my greatest reward is all the love I can give.  For this, I am most proudest of myself :)

Do you have any hidden talents?
Hidden talents.  Let me think....hmmmm.  I can draw, sketch and sing a little.  I can also cook a mean Cuban stew of Pollo Enfricaz√© sure to be finger-licking good!



Thank you, Mayra for answering the questions! Of course, you can read all the other WIWKW here and if you want to join, please let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment