Wednesday, February 13, 2013

What I wanna know Wednesday


For this week's WIWKW, we have the other "mr Philofaxy", or the one who's designed many great Filofax inserts! 

What is your name?

Ray

What’s the link to your blog?

mylifeallinoneplace.blogspot.co.uk

Why do you blog?

I blog for many reasons. I love to write, and it can’t all be shopping lists. I also enjoy reading other people’s creative ideas and it seems only fair to return the favour. And some of the things I design occupy me for a seriously disproportionate period of time, so unless I can get other people benefitting from my work, I’d never break even.


What’s always in your fridge/cupboard?

Little that I’m proud of. I love all the things that are bad for me, although as a vegetarian non-drinker there’s a limit to exactly how much harm I can do myself with my kitchen’s contents.



What is the last book you’ve read?

I just finished “The Black Mile” by Mark Dawson. It’s a story set in London in 1940-41 and follows a police investigation into a serial killer who is using the blackout to provide cover. It’s fascinating to get a glimpse behind the façade of the ‘blitz spirit’


If you have a million dollars/pounds/euros, what would you spend it on?
I’d buy my local football (soccer) team, Hemel Hempstead Town FC, and install myself as manager.



What are you proudest of?

I feel that as a parent all of my children’s successes accrue to me as well. I’m lucky to have three boys that give me opportunities for pride every day.

Do you have any hidden talents?

Not really. I think that if you have a talent, you have to use it to some extent; a hidden talent benefits no-one in my book. On the other hand I hope that I might have some dormant talents that I don’t know about yet but will discover in the years ahead. I’d quite like to be good at carpentry, for instance, but it’s not something I’ve ever really attempted.

Thanks for the answers, Ray! 

Would you like to join WIWKW? Send in your answers to deligtedblog (at) gmail (dot) com and your answers will be up here! 

1 comment:

  1. You are very talented, Ray. So many creative ideas on your blog.

    ReplyDelete