Tuesday, July 30, 2013

What would you cook for your hero?

Some of you may know that I'm a huge fan of the Dalai Lama. I've had the honor to be in his presence twice and when I was watching Masterchef Australia last night (season 3) and they had to cook a meal for the Dalai Lama.

And then I thought, what would I cook for him? Now, if this was reality, I doubt I could cook, because I would be so overwhelmed and excited etc.

I would cook him risotto, obviously because it's my favorite comfort food and it's easy to make a vegetarian version of it.


You can use this basic recipe for risotto from Jamie Oliver.

As a side dish, I would make tomatoes from the oven. We eat this quite a lot.

For two people I use 4 average sized tomatoes.

  • Preheat the oven to 180C. 
  • Chop the tomatoes in 4 parts.
  • Oil a pan that can go in the oven & put the tomatoes in. 
  • Season the tomatoes with salt, pepper and a bit of olive oil. 
  • Add some grated cheese (add how much you like). 
  • Put it in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, until the cheese has melted. 
Who is your hero? What would you cook for him or her?

No comments:

Post a Comment