Friday, August 2, 2013

Heat wave

Last week we had a heat wave here, with temperatures above 30 degrees Celsius. I spend my days inside with the curtains closed, drinking lots of water and watching lots of  tv. I just didn't have the energy for anything else.

Most of the evenings I spend at the beach. I haven't been at the beach here since 2006. I hate wearing a bathing suit in public and I don't like sand.

I thought.

One evening, two weeks ago, my dude and I packed our dinner (fresh pasta salad, bread, garlic butter and some drinks), put on our bathing suits and went to the beach. It was so quiet!


Luckily our beach doesn't look like that! We spend that one evening in the sea, and I loved it. I didn't mind the sand, and I couldn't care less about what people thought of me. Because, you know what, everyone is only thinking about themselves. And I garantuee you that almost everyone feels insecure in their bathing suit. 

Anyway, these pictures are from Wednesday, when it was actually quite cold, there was a strong wind but the sea was still warm. 






We're going to the beach again tonight and I'm already excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment