Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Bookreview: The cuckoo's calling - Robert Galbraith a.k.a. J.K. Rowling

The Cuckoo's Calling - Robert Galbraith

As you may know (or not), Robert Galbraith is really J.K. Rowling. I've read her other book "The Casual Vacancy" as well, but that wasn't even worth a book review. I've finished that book because I wanted to know the end, but seriously disliked the book. I was quite hesitant to start this book, but started it anyway.  

Leave "A Casual Vacancy" behind you and start this book with no prejudice at all. You probably won't even know you're reading a J.K. Rowling book. I am a huge Harry Potter fan and I think she's picked up the detective genre quite well. From the first page on you want to know how it ends and the end came as a surprise to me.

The story is about supermodel Lula Landry, who falls off her balcony. Falls, or was she pushed? Cormoran Strike is hired by Lula's brother to figure that out.

The more I read, the more I fell for Cormoran Strike's charm, I mean, come on, a guy with a name like that? Of course I was also eager to figure out the ending! The best thing about it is that there will be a second book. I loved the fact that Strike's secretary, Robin also has quite a bit role in this book (and if you need a good secretary, I need a job!).

J.K. Rowling has done well in this book and I hope she will continue with a series about Cormoran Strike and Robin. 

All in all, a great book and I can't wait till part two comes out (publication expected in the summer of 2014).

You can buy the book at the Book Depository.

No comments:

Post a Comment