Thursday, December 12, 2013

40 days of walking - update


I thought I'd do an update on my 40 days of walking.

After my last post, I walked 2 more days. On Friday it rained, my shoulder was injured so I couldn't carry an umbrella. That wasn't my best walk. I really hated it. What made me laugh, though, was when "Don't stop me now" from Queen came on my playlist.

"Don't stop me now
I'm having such a good time
I'm having a ball 
Don't stop me now"

Isn't that hilarious when you're hating everything that moment?

Anyway, I walked again on Saturday and then I got the flu. I didn't walk for a whole week. I was a sad panda, because I felt like I failed. But hey, I didn't, because I started again on Monday.

This week, the weather has been gorgeous. Cold, but sunny. You'd think I would've enjoyed walking. But nope, I'm in such a bad state of mind that I just walk my normal route (which is 30 minutes exact) and then I'm glad I'm home again. Not enjoying it for a second. I'm hoping I will get in a routine again and start enjoying it.

Have any of you started walking daily?

1 comment:

  1. Nope - I haven't started it - I truly am rubbish!!! I'm working full time, and it's so cold out that he last thing I want to do is go outside, let alone wak in that - I am a total wuss. So pleased that you're not giving up - well done x

    ReplyDelete