Thursday, January 30, 2014

Books read in January

The first month of the year is almost over, so I thought I'd do an update of what I read this month. 


I've read 3 Dutch books and 3 English books, not too shabby for this month. My goal is to read 100 books this year, which means almost 2 books a week.

This is what I read. On the first three books, I wrote a review on my "Femke reads" blog in Dutch, but here's the short version as well.
  1. Webhelden - Suzan Eikelenstam.
  2. This book is a very honest Dutch book about opening your own webshop. All the things you "have" to do when you open a webshop and to make it a succesful one. Very helpful.
  3. The Outline of love - Morgan McCarthy.
  4. This book is about a girl, Persephone, who lives in the Scottish highlands and moves to London to go to college there. She meets a famous writer, whom she falls in love with. It wasn't my favorite book, to be honest.
  5. Toen ik je zag - Isa Hoes.
  6. This book is again a Dutch book about a Dutch celebrity whose husband had depressions and other issues. Very honest and I loved it.
  7. Storm Front - Richard Castle. 
  8. A book from Richard Castle (yes from the tv show!), about Derek Storm. Too much financial stuff to be an exciting thriller.
  9. The Hit - Melvin Burgess.
  10. An English book about a new drugs, called Death, which, if you take it, gives you one week to live. One amazing week. I really liked this book, though the ending came as a surprise.
  11. Schrijven voor het beeldscherm - Willem Hendrikx.
  12. Another Dutch book, about writing for the internet. Very interesting, though very much in line with my current course.

What did you read this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment