Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Homemade granola

Lately I've kinda been on a health kick. Kinda, I say, because we ate pizza for dinner tonight. Haha.

But I've been making my own granola for a couple of weeks now. I bought packaged granola the other week and seriously, I hated it. Tasteless and not even filling.

So, back to making my own, and today I would like to share it with you.

I adapted my recipe from this one.

What you'll need:

  • Peanutbutter (I use roughly 4-5 table spoons, depending on my mood). 
  • Honey (same as with the peanut butter 4-5 table spoons). 
  • Oats (I use about 100grams).
  • Nuts (unsalted!), any kind you want. I used walnuts, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds. 
  • Sultanas, if you want. I add them in the jar, because they'll turn dark and rock hard in the oven. 
  • Grated coconut.


Preheat the oven to about 160C. Chop the nuts, and put all the dry ingredients in a bowl. I also add a bit of salt and cinnamon, but that's optional. Mix them a bit with a spoon.


Put the peanut butter and honey in a bowl and put it in a microwave.


Stir it together and then add it to the bowl with the dry ingredients.


Mix that really well so everything is covered with the peanut butter/honey mix.


Put everything on your oven tray and make sure it's all evenly spread.


It takes about 10-15 minutes to get darker, but pay attention, because it can vary in different ovens. Keep an eye out because I burned mine in just 2 minutes.


Let it cool off for about 20 minutes and then store in an airtight container. 


I like my granola to be a bit chunky, so I use more peanut butter and honey, but that's all personal!

Add in a bit of fruit (banana is perfect with the taste of peanut butter!) and yoghurt and you've got a perfect start of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment