Sunday, April 27, 2014

Reading


Since I've started my own blog about the books I've read (in Dutch, sorry!) and since I started writing for Leesfanaten (also in Dutch), I've fallen in love with books again. 

I've always been a reader, I remember the library visits more than anything else from my childhood, and when I started working and travelling to work, that became time to read as well. It's an escape from the real world for me, I treasured the time on the tram, because that was time that I could spend in my own world. 

I've missed my stops, the conductors have scarred me for live asking for my tickets, I've had to stop myself from laughing out loud or crying in public because I was so engrossed with that book. 


For the past 1.5 years, since I lost my job and went through my burnout, I hardly read. I read books in bed, but that was it. I lost myself in tv shows and movies. I would wake up, turn on the telly and turned it off when it was time for bed. Most days I didn't even know what I had watched all day long. 

Today, I woke up at 7.30am (I blame the cat!), stayed in bed reading until I was hungry. I got up, made breakfast, and read. It is now 6.30pm and I haven't turned on the telly yet. My book, which I started last night, has 630 pages, is almost finished and I'm sure I'll finish it tonight. 

My love for books has returned. I wish people would read more and discover all the amazing stories the world has to offer.

1 comment:

  1. Reading is great - I have been known to sit on the train home from work wiping my eyes while reading a great book...

    ReplyDelete