Thursday, May 1, 2014

The internet vs real life

I saw this video this morning on youtube and was instantly intrigued by it.

Go ahead and watch how Robinson Cano listens to his fans boo a cardboard version of him and then have him come out in person.



It's been on my mind for ages as I follow a lot of celebrities and bloggers on instagram for instance. People always seem to comment with "oh this make up looks hideous on you" or "gees, you look fat" or any other form of negative comment.

And it seems to me that people on the internet don't have that shame that they would have in real life. As you can see in the video, when Robinson Cano comes out, people shake his hand, welcome him back to New York. But behind his back they're saying that he sucks.

It's so much easier to be anonymous online, but does that also mean you should be negative online? I always try to remember what my parents said when I was younger: "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it".

What do you think about it? Is it just me being an OAP or has this changed online?

2 comments:

  1. This clip is so funny, but I totally agree with you. There seem to be so many people who use the anonymity of the internet as an excuse to just be really horrible. I make the stupid decision to not just read links that people post, but read the comments that people have written - I know that all this is going to do is annoy me because there are so many people put there who just seem to have to write such vitriol :-( I really must just stop reading the comments... one day I will learn :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do that too, and it got to the point that I would get so angry! Now I'm trying not to read the comments, I just don't get why people are so mean!

      Delete